In addition, our websites, apps, products, and services are designed for businesses and their representatives. We do not target consumers – individuals who seek to use our products and services for their personal or household purposes. Accordingly, we treat all personal data we collect as pertaining to individuals in their business capacity and not their individual capacity.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us.
Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise may include:
- Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service or a webinar or other training opportunity for which you register.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Demographic information, such as your city, state, country of residence, and postal code.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service.
- Marketing information, such as information including your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from social media platforms.
Information we obtain from other third parties.
We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources, such as business partners, marketing partners, publicly available sources, and data providers.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Service. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our websites, general location information such as city, state or geographic area, and information about your use of and actions on the Service, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), and similar technologies. We may also use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our Service and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our websites and interactions with our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of our Service, so that we can manage our content more effectively
See below for information about your choices with respect to cookies and other technologies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To operate the Service.
We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- provide information about our products and services;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about webinars and other training opportunities;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
- provide support and maintenance for the Service; or
- respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
For research and development.
We analyze use of the Service to improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
To send you marketing and promotional communications.
We may send you marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt out of marketing communications section below.
To comply with law.
We use your personal information — as we believe necessary or appropriate — to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety.
As we believe necessary or appropriate, we may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent.
In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data.
We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing or not utilizing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and to promote our business.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
We may share information with integration, joint marketing, and other business partners that provide products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. These business partners may use the information we share with them for their own purposes. You may opt out of our sharing of your information with such business partners by following the instructions provided below.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety.
We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Our Websites offer or may offer in the future publicly accessible community services such as blogs, forums, bug trackers, and wikis. You should be aware that any information or content you provide in these areas may be made public and read, collected, and used by others who access them.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or update your information.
You may request to review and update certain personal information by contacting us at [email protected].
Opt out of Akooda marketing communications.
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at [email protected]. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies and other technologies.
Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly.
Users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above. If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Opt out of sharing.
You may opt out of our sharing of your information with integration, joint marketing and other business partners by emailing us at [email protected], using the subject line “Opt Out of Sharing”.
Do not track.
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Delete personal information. You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you by emailing us at [email protected], using the subject line “Delete Personal Information”.
- Change or correct personal information. You can edit some of the information about you and can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate, by emailing us at [email protected], using the subject line “Change Personal Information”.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information. You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate) by emailing us at [email protected], using the subject line “Object to Use of Personal Information”.
- Right to access and/or have your information provided to you. You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine readable form if you reside in the EU, California or other jurisdiction that provides you this right as a matter of law by emailing us at [email protected], using the subject line “Provide Personal Information”.
Other Sites, Mobile Applications and Services
The Service may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages, in mobile applications or on online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services that you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfers
Our headquarters is in the United States and we have service providers in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, provinc
e, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
If personal information is transferred to us in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, we will take adequate measures designed to protect the personal information, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of the EU Model Clauses or other adequate transfer mechanism to the extent and as required under relevant data protection laws.
The Service is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
Sensitive Personal Information
We ask that you do not send us, and do not share any sensitive personal information (for example, government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
How to Contact Us